Thursday, August 18, 2011

The Dawn of a New Era

It is very interesting that we have to get knocked on our butts before we realize that we can do nothing nor be nothing without the help of a Higher Power (whom I choose to call God). I have been on an journey transitioning from a mountain top to a valley where so much that I held near and dear was taken from my grasp. Whenever you have an individual that has always lived a privileged life, you assume that money can get you out of any situation; this theory is true to an extent however there are times when your money is no good. That is the lesson that I needed to learn before my bank account grew to a larger level.

During this time, one of Lauryn Hill's song, "Do-Whoop/ That Thing" spoke to me on so many different levels. At the end of the song she repeats, "How you gonna win when you not right within?" This question stung me, made me numb, then snapped me back into life. Everything suddenly made sense and the cause, catalyst and reason behind this downfall all boiled down to one thing: conquering the inner- me.

Take this time to evaluate your life and ask, "What am I doing in the dark that could cause me to stumble in the light?" Whatever it is, it's a cycle that you must break, then make a new cycle that will carry you through this valley experience. Remember joy is given, and once it's given, it can never be taken, you can however relinquish it; so hold tight to your joy, your smile, your peace, the world didn't give it and the world can't take it away.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to express your views!